Living Life Thankful

Living Life Thankful
Thankful

Monday 25 February 2013

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to w...


This morning, I wrote out a beautiful optimistic post; expressing my delight at beginning a new chapter in my life. After a six year career break, (apart from a 9 month stint working in the middle of that) I was due to be starting work tomorrow. I feel that I have been in the 'waiting room' of life for long enough, dealing with crisis after crisis, and am now in a position to get back to my career.

This afternoon as I was adding the finishing touches to my freshly written French and Drama lesson plans, the phone rang. There seems to have been some confusion at the Teaching agency and unfortunately, I am unable to begin work just yet because my highly dramatised and long awaited for (third or is it fourth?) police check is not yet back.

After my initial reaction of wanting to swear very loudly at them, followed closely by tears, I chatted with a friend, took in some fresh air as I went for a walk, came home, made a yummy chocolate cake and am now feeling much better.

I guess I have waited six years to get back to teaching in the UK and another few days or weeks won't matter. I shall saddle up, get back on my positive hobby horse and just accept that God's got this. I don't need to worry about it. I will get back to work exactly when I am meant to.

No comments:

Post a Comment