Living Life Thankful

Living Life Thankful
Thankful

Tuesday 27 November 2012

I ran away from home



Dare I admit it?  Okay, I will.  I ran away from home for four days, not quite to the circus but to the big city.  I went in search of that ever so elusive 'me time.' I should add that I did not run without having first planned, with military precision, the child care arrangements for my little darlings from whom I was escaping.  They didn't seem to mind my going!

I had lots of thinking time and as we all know, that can be a good thing but also a difficult thing.  I reflected on where I am now in life and what has brought me to this point in my life.  I am who I am because of my life experiences and because of the people who have crossed my path. I do believe I am at the point of starting to see a flicker of good in the bad. I'm starting to realise that I would not be the woman I am today if it were not for the challenges I have come through.

I then went on to wonder what my future holds.  Isn't it a good thing that most of the time, we don't know what's around the corner?  I have no idea what is in store for me but I do know that I have to decide what the most important things in the world are to me and then focus on those things. These will obviously vary from person to person but if I can truly prioritise then I can live a fulfilled life.  On days when I'm not so sure of myself or direction, I will return to my priorities and concentrate on those until I see more clearly again.  Have you asked yourself lately what's important to you?

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant post!
    I always used to be someone who 'knew' who I was and had my future all planned out - it gave me a kind of secure feeling!
    Now, everything has changed and I feel like I'm floundering around in the dark!
    Your post gives me hope that if I can focus instead of 'freak-out' I can manage the unknown a bit better!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Baby steps is fine for as long as we need! Hang in there! Love Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Debbie!

    It's great you took some time out to clear your head - and although reflection can be hard, you brilliantly point out that you are who you are as a result of your experiences.

    The past week or so I've had a big, unsettling "I don't know" feeling - the one where I know I'm stepping forward, but can't see the path ahead of me. And sometimes I'm okay with that, and other times find it very hard. You suggest a great way to "come back to centre"... by bringing yourself back to your priorities. Thank you! That's a great foundation to start from, and I'll remember that!

    I wish you comfort in uncertainty, light in darkness, and happiness in the small everyday moments.
    ~ <3 Christine, The Brighter Side of Life

    ReplyDelete