Living Life Thankful

Living Life Thankful
Thankful

Monday 11 March 2013

My entourage


Wow, now I know how those celebrities feel with their large entourages! Let me tell you, I have had a crazy week and my ‘entourage’ has really stepped up. I am so blessed to have such an amazing support system that I can turn to when I need to. I really don’t like asking for help and often see it as a weakness but am learning that it is perfectly acceptable to ask for help when I need to. No one is an island and we all need a helping hand from time to time. I like to think that I am also available for help when others come to me. There’s a big difference in saying, ‘no,’ when you really are unable to help and saying ‘no’ all the time.
I really don’t know how other single Mothers do it, on their own and without a strong support system in place.  Just in the past week, I have needed to call out my brother to come stay with my three younger kids while I took my eldest on a midnight trip to the Medical Center, my Mom has come over to babysit one evening while I went to school for a parent/teacher conference, my friend (my own personal angel that God has put in my street) has taken my nine year old to school each day that I have worked and she also kept the younger ones all day on Sunday as I was laid up with a sickness bug, other soccer Dads have ferried my son to training, Granddad has been called on for several lifts, not to mention the ‘paid’ services that I have engaged to cover childcare after school on days that I work. I am so thankful for all of you who go ‘above and beyond’ the call of duty in helping me out. This also goes for those of you who are always so quick to send me messages of encouragement and support when you know I need it.

What have I learned this week? If I need help, suck it up and ask for it. If I am able to offer help, get out there and help in whatever way I can. Have a blessed week all!

1 comment:

  1. You have a BIG heart and Universe rallies in support of everyone who gives out love. I am so glad you have all support you need ♥ Much love ♥

    ReplyDelete